Research Assistants / Associates
No. of openings : 2
Key Responsibilities : Research in education
Qualifications : M.A, M.Phil / M.Ed - Social Science or Education
Experience : 2 to 5 years
Specific Job Competencies Required :
- Is able to apply quantitative and qualitative dimensions to research
- Fluent in statistical analysis; has ability to collect and analyse the secondary data and primary data and generate reports
- Has exposure to the social sector
- Is fluent in spoken and written English
- Is computer literate – well versed in e-mail, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Can conduct surveys and Focus Group Discussions with concerned stakeholders
- Previous research experience essential
- Has ability to design the testing tools and supervise research process
- Will require some travel within Karnataka
- Fluent with statistical tools like SPSS
- Previous experience in preschool and / or primary school pedagogy, curriculum and assessment
- Knowledge of Kannada
Please apply to: email@example.com
Programme Manager - Digital Content
Akshara Foundation is executing an exciting project involving creation and deployment of primary school math in multiple languages in a digital mode. To head this project, Akshara is looking for a talented Programme Manager to join our team. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of various aspects of this programme, including ensuring creation of content in digital form, deployment in pilot geographies, site launches, developing online tools, etc. The candidate is expected to be a tech-savvy professional with an in-depth understanding of how technology can help us achieve our goals in bringing quality education to all children. This position is based in Bangalore.
Akshara Foundation is a Bengaluru-based non-profit that was founded on the belief that quality education is the undeniable right of every child and that children should not be deprived of this just because they do not have access to it or the resources to realise their dreams. Akshara works with the Government pre-primary and primary school systems and focuses on pre-school education, math and English language proficiencies in primary schools. It has also set up libraries in over 3,500 classrooms in government schools in Karnataka. Akshara has also pioneered the use of data in decision-making through its Karnataka Learning Partnership (KLP) initiative (www.klp.org.in). Akshara is a strong champion of using the Creative Commons and open source technologies and tools – we hope that our learning is put to good use by many organizations in the country and prevent re-inventing wheels.
1. Be able to provide end-to-end Programme Management
2. Establish rigorous goals, systems and programme execution and plans for the project:
● Scope project requirements based on field visits and communications with subject matter experts
● Create a project plan
● Prepare a budget based on the requirements
3. Be able to communicate and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for flawless execution of the programme.
● Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop content for the project.
● Shortlist and hire external vendors for the design and development of digital content.
● Build capacity in teams.
4. Be able to manage and coordinate the testing, implementation and deployment of the programme
5. Ensure that the project timelines are followed while ensuring that quality standards are met
6. Measure and monitor project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
● Collect, analyze and respond accurately and effectively to testing and assessment data sets and evidence
7. Be able to proactively identify and mitigate project risk, and expeditiously resolve project issues
8. Develop support documentation including risk logs and requirement specifications.
Competencies and Abilities:
● Proven work experience as a Programme Manager
● The individual will be responsible for leading the project at different stage of development from concept to completion. He/She will require to engage with multiple teams such as technology , creative, content, communities and operations team.
● Experience in Android Application Development and native Game Development. ● Familiarity with game development softwares such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Game Maker, ShiVa etc. Solid technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues.
● Excellent organization and time management skills.
● Communication and team management skills.
● Good knowledge of overall mobile, casual, and social game best practices
Education and Experience:
Here are some minimum qualifications we look for:
● A degree in Computer Science preferably.
● Should have led teams and demonstrated strong people management skills.
● Good knowledge of current technologies.
● Game production experience in either mobile or online platform.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Programme Manager, Digital Content to firstname.lastname@example.org