Children in schools typically are exposed to math learning for less than 2 hours a week. Moreover, many of them do not have a learning environment at home. Akshara’s new app – Building Blocks provides access to math practice and learning to children from grades 1-5.
This FREE, fun learning app is here to help children practice math any time, anywhere! The app lets children practice math concepts learnt at school, as a set of fun games. It is designed to work on the most basic-level smart phones, ONLINE and OFFLINE. Mapped to NCF-2005 guidelines, it is currently available in 9 regional languages and offers a total of 250+ intuitive math games.
Building Blocks is being developed with the support of Cisco, A Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative.
- It is designed to work on the most basic-level smart phones
Mapped to school curriculum: The kids will practice
concepts learnt at school, but as a fun game!
- Available in five regional languages - English, Kannada, Hindi, Gujrathi and Odiya
- 6 children can play this game on a single device
- There are no in-app purchases, up sells or advertisements
- It works ONLINE and OFFLINE
- It is Completely FREE
- Strictly adheres to math pedagogy, taking the child progressively through concepts from concrete to abstract.
- Has a Practice Mode – to reinforce concepts learnt
- And a Challenge Mode – to assess levels of learning
|STEPS||HOW DO I GET IT FROM GOOGLE PLAY?|
|Step 1||Go to Google Play, search for the Building Blocks App and install it|
|Step 2||Open the app, allow/grant all required permissions, let your child choose the AVATAR he/she likes|
|Step 3||Fill in all registration details and pick the language of your choice|
|Step 4||Building Blocks is ready to load. There may be a slight wait of 4-6 minutes at this step depending on your Internet speed|
|Step 5||Exciting and fun math games are ready to use!|
|STEPS||HOW DO I USE THE DIKSHA APP TO ACCESS BUILDING BLOCKS?|
|Step 1||Go to Google Play. Search for the DIKSHA app and install it|
|Step 2||Launch the DIKSHA app. Select a language preference and profile (Teacher or Student)|
|Step 3||Tap the QR code icon. Allow app permissions|
|Step 4||Place your phone over the sticker and focus on the QR code in the textbook / stickers|
|Step 5||On successful scanning of the QR code, the relevant practice games will come up|
|Download the Diksha app|
* Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC”.