The person in the role will be responsible to implement the organization’s fundraising strategies and plans to achieve Akshara’s annual targets through maintaining and growing its existing donor-base and securing new and sustainable sources of funding. Current fundraising activities undertaken by Akshara include institutional funding – Corporates/Foundations and retail funding – crowd sourcing platforms.
Being part of a small team that reports to the Chairman of the organization, the successful candidate will be able to work independently and should possess an entrepreneurial approach to his/her work. Developing and managing both internal and external relationships is a key part of the role.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also contribute to other areas of the strategic partnership group like media, social media, and documentation and outreach events.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organization.
- Enhance existing fundraising activities and channels and investigate and harness new and emerging sources of contributions to Akshara.
- Create and manage a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio consisting of existing and new sources of funding, with streams including corporates, community, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, individuals and other retail platforms.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Maintain records of donor information for future use
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising events
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Make impactful presentations and pitches to prospective donors.
- Implement retail fundraising campaigns as required.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across the organization, as well as Board Members, in order to engage the whole organization in fundraising drives.
- Support programme teams to create their annual budgets.
- To oversee the maintenance of necessary systems and processes to support fundraising in conjunction with the Finance Team
- Undertake monthly review of programme-wise expenditure based on the budgets shared with the donors and direct the programme teams accordingly.
- Devise an annual volunteering plan for the organization and engage volunteers from our donor community and others effectively.
Education: A Bachelors/Masters degree in Marketing is desirable.Experience:
- 5 years proven track record of fundraising in an NGO or similar environment
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal related skills and experience delivering plans across multiple channels
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc
- Knowledge of Kannada will be a value add
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills
- Team player, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a small dynamic team
- Ability to be highly organized, in order to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Creative and innovative in thought process and delivery.
- Should be willing to travel as required.
Please send your application to email@example.com by June 15th 2019.
Your application MUST include: A covering note explaining your interest and suitability for the position and how your skills match the competencies detailed in the job description; your CV (not more than 3 pages); and your compensation history. This is a key role at Akshara and candidates unable to commit at least 2 years to Akshara need not apply.