Senior Manager, Fundraising
The person in the role will be responsible to implement the organization’s fundraising strategies and plans to achieve Akshara’s vision through maintaining and growing its existing donor-base and securing new and sustainable sources of funding. Current fundraising activities undertaken by Akshara include institutional funding – Corporates/Foundations and retail funding – crowd sourcing platforms.
Being part of a team that reports to the Chairman of the organization, the successful candidate will be able to work independently and should possess an entrepreneurial approach to his/her work. Developing and managing both internal and external relationships is a key part of the role.
A necessary qualification will be passion towards development sector and willingness to extend a supporting hand to the needy. Interest in education sector and numeracy in particular will be an added advantage.
- Contribute to develop a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organization.
- Enhance existing fundraising activities and channels and investigate and harness new and emerging sources of contributions to Akshara.
- Create and manage a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio consisting of existing and new sources of funding, with streams including corporates, community, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, individuals and other retail platforms.
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with key staff and the Board of Trustees.
- Lead communication with key donors and funders with the aim of cultivating, growing and sustaining long-term funding and collaboration.
- Maintain records of donor information for future use.
- Ensure reporting to funders is accurate, transparent and timely.
- Make impactful presentations and pitches to prospective donors.
- Implement retail fundraising campaigns as required.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across the organization, as well as Board Members, in order to engage the whole organization in fundraising drives.
- To oversee the maintenance of necessary systems and processes to support fundraising in conjunction with the Finance Team
- Undertake monthly review of programme-wise expenditure based on the budgets shared with the donors and direct the programme teams accordingly.
- Devise an annual volunteering plan for the organization and engage volunteers from our donor community and others effectively.
Education: Though not a must a Bachelors/Masters degree in Marketing is desirable.
- 5+ years proven track record of fundraising in an NGO or similar environment
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal related skills and experience delivering plans across multiple channels
- Proficiency in Microsoft products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc
- Knowledge of Kannada will be a value add.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills
- Team player, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a small dynamic team
- Ability to be highly organized, in order to manage and prioritize workloads.
- Creative and innovative in thought process and delivery.
- Should be willing to travel as required.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2022.
Your application MUST include:
- A covering note explaining your interest and suitability for the position and how your skills match the competencies detailed in the job description;
- Your CV (not more than 3 pages); and your compensation history.
This is a key role at Akshara and we intend filling the role by June 2022. Kindly send your applications at the earliest.