1. Are there any Tax benefits for my donation to Akshara Foundation?
All Indian donations to Akshara Foundation are 50% exempt from tax under section 80G. We
will mail the 80G certificate immediately after you make the donation. All Foreign donations
through GlobalGiving and CAF America will receive a Tax Exemption certificate from them.
2. How do I ensure that my donation for the NGO is utilised properly?
Akshara Foundation is very transparent in its financial transactions. The donation made by you
will be used for the programme that you have chosen. Our accounts and programmes are
audited regularly and strict guidelines on finances are maintained as per accounting guidelines
at all times. Click here to see our latest Annual Report.
3. Whom can I contact regarding my donation?
For more assistance or information on donating to Akshara Foundation, please do write to
4. What information is sent to the donor?
Do sign up for our newsletter and get updates on programme activities and success stories regularly.
5. Can I donate to more than one programme at a time?
Yes. For each selected programme, enter the amount that you would like to donate. You will
see the total amount at the end of the page. Once you have made your choice/(s), click on
Donate and you will be led to the payment gateway.
6. Can I get a refund after making a donation?
Once a donation has been confirmed and completed, a refund or cancellation is not possible;
nor can the end purpose be changed.
7. What happens with the personal data I enter to make the donation?
We enforce a strict data protection policy and will never give nor sell any information regarding
our donors to third parties.
8. Why do I need to share my PAN number?
As per Government regulations, it is mandatory for recipient organisations to maintain records of
9. My company would be interested in developing a CSR partnership with Akshara
Foundation. How should I proceed?
Akshara Foundation is open to exploring new partnership opportunities with Indian or
international corporations, foundations or other institutions. You can write an email to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reach out to you. Thank you for your interest!
10. I still have unaddressed queries, whom do I contact?
Please feel free to write to email@example.com and we will be happy to answer your